February 9, 2009

Limited Supply Challenge: Monochromatic Mahem!

OK, another attempt to get you GSGers, and visitors to play along. Don't disappoint me this time! When you are done, upload to the web somewhere then post a comment with a link directly to your card. Be sure to use the keyword GSGC14!

This week your challenge is to use any, all or some of these limited supplies while making a monochromatic card:

  • Paper: One pattern of DSP (remember, monochromatic), one neutral and unlimited solid colors (but remember, monochromatic- so maybe all pink/reds or all shades of blues etc).
  • Stamps: 2 stamp sets required, one current and one retired.
  • Accessories: Any as long as they are all the same color!
And for the record, I have no idea how hard or easy this will be, I haven't tried it yet! I will post my sample when I get it done, promise!


ETA: OK I'm done! Here's mine, and it wasn't so hard after all! In fact, I combined 3 challenges today!

OK, ready-set-GO!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love monochromaticness... i'll give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous Kristin!!! I hope to get a chance to play along. I'm a bit under the weather, but I would love to get to stamp!!!

Danielle L. said...

Oh sweet card! Love the challenge! I'll be playing later tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not giving up on us, Kristin! I loved this challenge. Here's my card:

Feb. 14 Birthday

Danielle L. said...

I'm back! And I made a card for the challenge!

Green Thanks

See - we just needed a bit of proding! :)

Lisa H. said...

I did it! Here's my card-Hi blue birdie. http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Hargis said...

Ok...so I don't think mine quite fits the rules but I am going to link you to it anyway! :D I am afraid I may have used too many neutrals! :(

http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-finally-stamped.html

Kristin Moore said...

WOW! Thanks everyone for playing along- how fun to see all of your different cards you've come up with! If you haven't checked out everyone else's links be sure to do that- they are awesome!!

Angie Tieman said...

Hey girls! So glad we have a challenge...and I really tried...but I missed the part about the designer paper...it's so rough getting old! lol! Here's what I have anyway, I'll try to fix it tonight!

http://schwooo.blogspot.com/2009/02/gsg-limited-supply-challenge.html

Lorie said...

I just found this site. What a fun challenge!! Here is my card.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1218393?cat=500&ppuser=73395

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to it, and made several different monochromatic cards. The first two have been posted and you can see them here:
http://bootstostamps.typepad.com/from_combat_boots_to_rubb/2009/02/mia-for-a-little-while.html

and here:
http://bootstostamps.typepad.com/from_combat_boots_to_rubb/2009/03/baby-boy-card.html

maddy hill said...

awesome card!!!!! wow that butterfly is just soooo beautiful !